The Joliet Thunder developmental football club was established in 1991 as the Chicago Thunder. In 2017 the Thunder made Joliet our new home after 25 years of playing in the immediate Chicago area. We will play our home games at Joliet Memorial Stadium as a proud member of the Mid-States Football League.
The Joliet Thunder developmental football club - NFP is designed to help promote and advance the careers of both athletes and coaches. As well as to provide a venue for those who still love the sport of football.
We are solely responsible for generating the finances required to run the organization.
We have set many goals beyond those of good sportsmanship and competitiveness.
These Goals Include:
• Develop and support the teaching or personal responsibility, genuine values and commitment to teamwork.
• Provide its members with the opportunity to be a part of a positive social environment.
• Encourage its members to volunteer for and partake in various community service projects.
• Establish and/or support a youth football camp program.
• Create a scholarship fund for young men and women that have achieved academic excellence.